Back At It
Today seems like a perfect day to start writing again. The snow has trapped me inside and my options for the day include homework, blogging or watching Netflix. I’m aiming for being productive and starting with the first two, while Netflix plays in the background.
I was recently reminded of the absence of my blog. It’s been awhile since I wrote anything and I’m sorry for that. My initial excuse was my life is too boring. I have nothing to talk about. But that isn’t true. Every day is special. It’s not hard to find passion to write about.
Here’s a short update of what’s been going on this year:
- I’m working on wrapping up my final semester of my Public Relations degree.
- We traveled on a Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk.
- We’re in the process of finding our first home.
- I started working at Goodlife Fitness and love it.
- We traveled to Ottawa to celebrate with friends and watch my first NHL game. GO SENATORS!
- Glen moved back home after 16 months working in Newfoundland.
- Everyday we’re crossing things off our wedding checklist.
This was a simple reminder that the grass is always greener on the other-side. I didn’t see the excitement that was in my life till it was thrown in my face. When I view my life, I see a boring lady who spends her nights eating snacks while hanging with her cat. Although that might be true, it is certainly not boring or something to be ashamed of.
I have been so caught up with finding the best job, getting the best grades and finding our perfect home that I forgot what was truly important. Enjoying the present, doing what you love and being grateful for your surroundings. Even if it is mountains of snow.
Today, I am grateful for a loving, warm home that has all the ingredients for chocolate chip pancakes in the cupboards. And for Andrew, for reminding to take the time to write.
The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it. ― Thich Nhat Hahn