- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Tbsp Milk of Choice: unsweetened Coconut Milk or Almond Milk or organic half and half.
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour where to buy coconut flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Melted grass Fed Butter or Coconut Oil melted
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Soda mixed with 1/4 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar in separate pinch bowl or can use 1/2 tsp baking powder, this replaces baking powder
- 1/8 Tsp GF Vanilla Extract * optional I omit if I’m making something savory like an egg sandwich.
- 1/4 Tsp Honey or * Optional can omit sweetener, but use full fat canned coconut milk for milk of choice., 6 drops liquid Stevia for low carb
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt * optional
Melt the butter or oil in a round, glass or ceramic ramekin ( I used a 3 1/2 inch, 6 ounce ramekin).
In a separate pinch bowl, mix baking soda and apple cider vinegar together ( it will be very fizzy and bubbly) Set aside.
Add all the rest of ingredients to the ramekin, and whisk or stir with a fork very briskly.
Add the baking Soda- cider vinegar mixture to the ramekin, and stir in well.
Stir, scraping sides , until clump free, may have to stab at some stubborn clumps.
Cook in Microwave for 1 minute and 30 Seconds, or can Bake in the oven at 400 F for 12 to 15 minutes, until middle is firm.
Take a knife between the bowl and muffin and slide around to loosen edges.
Cool enough to handle, then remove from bowl, and cut in half sideways.
Toast in a buttered or oiled frying pan, until lightly browned on each side ( like a pancake) this is an important step, do not skip.
Use a spatula to press the tops of muffins lightly down while pan toasting ( as seen in photo above).