Skip to content
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 lb of taco spiced ground beef
- 1 chopped yellow or orange pepper
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 (15-ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a pan, fry the ground beef with homemade or store bought taco spices; set aside. *I added an onion and clove of garlic for extra flavour.
- In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; let cool and stir in salsa; set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; top with lettuce, peppers, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, cheese and cilantro.
- Serve immediately, top with salsa & sour cream.